Pages

Monday 24 October 2011

Hallow-scream or Hello Sexy?

So it’s getting to that time of year, as the winter draws in and nights come earlier, you rush home to stick the heating on and to snuggle up to the duvet. That’s right October has well and truly sunk in and as it approaches the end my thoughts turn to Halloween...
Ok so working in Asda means I’ve had Halloween thrust in my face since I saw the stock sat out the back in September (believe it or not our warehouse is full of Christmas stuff already?!) but I had of yet not thought about my plans for Halloween...or a costume. Until tonight when I realised Halloween is next weekend and I have yet to decide on the costume.
 It's only been recently that I've become interested in dressing up for Halloween, I never really trick or treated as a child and it wasn't until university when I started dressing up and going out for Halloween- so far I've been a cat, a devil and a dead school girl.
Right I have my plan for this Halloween, a house party at the weekend at a friend's house (no trick or treating for me I think I’m too old for that) but then comes the dilemma what do I dress up as? As a kid it used to be dress as the scariest thing you could think of, an ugly scary witch but growing older it’s become about sexy not scary?! Nobody wants to be wearing a horrendously unflattering costume even if it is Halloween right? And there comes the problem do I find a costume that embraces the nature of Halloween- something truly terrifying, or do I find something that although scary based will still be sexy and flattering enough to look someway decent.

Do I become this:

Or this:

I guess I’ll have to mull it over this week and get cracking on creating the perfect costume- maybe somewhere in between.
IF anyone has any thoughts let me know... no doubt I'll tell you what I'll be after the weekend

1 comment:

  1. Did you decide what you're doing for Hallowe'en? I never ever went scary lol, even as a little girl I was a Disney character or something cute like that. =p

    ~ Lauren <3

    http://cosmeticskittensclassrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete