My favourite Disney original character was quite difficult, obviously I love Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. I think however that I will have to say my favourite original character is Pluto the Dog.
So firstly massive apologies for not posting in over a week but I ended up going to Guildford to visit my uni friends. I came back to some sad news though, that my rabbit Hope had died. IT upset me a bit though as I’ve had her for about 6 years.
Anyway another reason I haven’t blogged is because once again the germs have got me!! That’s right I definitely know winter is here as I have my annual cold, but unfortunately instead of crawling into bed and sleeping forever, which is the way I have dealt with it whilst at uni, I have had to instead dose myself up on a ridiculous amount of cold and flu and soldiering into work. Therefore any spare time I do have is being spent eating and sleeping instead of blogging so please bear with me.
I have a few blog posts in the process of being written so please keep your eyes peeled for updates...also if anyone has any cold remedies which will make my stuffy head go away I would be ridiculously grateful.
Right I thought I'd pick a different couple than any of the characters I picked for the previous days and so my favourite Disney Couple is Simba and Nala.
Although the Lion King is ultimately about Simba's fight to win back his kingdom from his uncle Scar, the love story between him and Nala, starting from childhood stretching to their adult lives is so lovely. Plus I love this song
The Villain I have chosen not as my favourite but as the villain that still scares me to this day and therefore what can be said is the best villain is Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
I remember the first time of watching Sleeping Beauty when I must have been 6 or 7 with my brother and my uncle. I don't remember much of it but I do remember as soon as the chilling music came on and Maleficent appeared I grabbed a cushion and hid behind the sofa. I also remember that night having a pretty horrible nightmare in which she featured.
And even at the grand old age of 21 I can honestly say Maleficent still scares the hell out of me. The music, what she looks like, the whole persona makes me feel 6 again wanting to hid behind the sofa with a cushion and my fingers in my ears...
And that is why for me I feel Maleficent is the best Disney Villain
Right I didn't manage to update yesterday as I was mega busy with working and other plans, but it turns out that it works pretty well as the 2 days join together and I have one character in mind.
I not only love Abu the monkey but I think he makes an excellent sidekick for Aladdin. He adds comedy as well as a serious note to the film and I think I'll share with you some of my favourite Abu moments
And probably my favourite moment of all, when Aladdin is stuck in jail and Abu comes to keep him company
Do you agree or do you think there's a better sidekick or animal out there?
1. Mood: I am in a fairly ok mood today. I felt a bit sleep deprived earlier but now after a driving lesson I am feeling more awake but am not looking forward to work tonight.
2. If you could dine (for free) anywhere in the world tonight, where would it be? I'd love to be somewhere exotic at the moment eating pretty much annything- I saw an advert for a posh restaurant in South Africa so why don't we give that a try tonight
3. Do you have any siblings? Yes I'm the oldest of 4 children with 2 sisters and a brother. My brother is currently at uni in Plymouth though.
4. If your pets could talk, what would they say about you? I can honestly say that I haven't got a clue what they would say, hopefully that I'm good at looking after them, if not a bit ditzy
5. Which one do you follow most often, your heart or your head? If I'm honest I tend to follow my heart mroe than my head, I kind of run off with what my heart decides and leave my head standing in the background screaming at me to get a grip and think this through.
6. What are three songs on your road trip playlist? At the moment I have these songs for my journeys
1. Laidback Luke and Example- Natural Disaster
2. Olly Murs- Dance with Me Tonight
3. Kelly Rowland and Big Sean- Lay it on Me
7. Would you consider yourself renowned or famous for anything in particular? Nope I am not famous at all, which is good...well unless you count being the only person in my school to get 100% on my A Level History exam haha
8. Your favorite place for dessert? Oh that is difficult...I love dessert. To be honest I could be anywhere as long as I have cheesecake...or any dessert.
9. Scariest movie you’ve ever seen? I tend to avoid scary movies- I'm a massive scardy cat and will just watch it from behind a pillow or my hands.
10. Weekly goals:Try not to go mad at work, try to earn some money and blog more.
If you do the tag post aswell then don't forget to post a link below
Ok I thought I'd do a little blog on what songs I have been listening to recently before realising that it may take quite a while so instead I thought I'd tell you all about my current obsession musically.
I've been listening to these guys for quite a while, after being shown them by a friend. I'm a massive fan of acoustic music and love the raw talent that shows through from artists who will sing just them and a guitar, not using autotune and backing tracks that have been used before. I would thoroughly recommend you all giving them a listen on youtube. The band have a mixture of covers of songs and also their own songs.
Here's a couple of my favourite songs:
Here Without You- (Originally by 3 Doors Down)
I'm a big 3 Doors Down fan and this is one of my favourite songs, so I must admit I was sceptical when I saw a cover of it. I'm the kind of person whose of the opinion if it's not broke don't try to fix it and therefore am not always a massive fan of covers however I must admit I love this song and the version- almost but not quite as much as the original.
What Makes You Beautiful (Originally by One Direction)
What I love about this cover is how they have taken the original song and lyrics and given it their own spin, it makes a nice change to listen to this, than the original which is constantly played on the radio at work
So I know I'm rubbish at keeping these challenges up but finding this challenge I just had to start it (and finish it)
I'm a bit of a disney fanatic, have been since I was little so here comes the 30 Day Disney Challenge
Day 1: Your Favourite Character
Right I really found this one hard as being the Disney nut I am I have many favourite characters out of many of the films. So I thought long and hard and picked my current favourite character as Belle from Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and The Beast has always had a special place in my heart as I love the storyline, and the songs. I like the character of Belle as although starting out as a rather timid character I love watching the development she goes through from meeting the Beast and her sheer determination to stand up to Gaston and the villagers.
So everyone knows Essex is apparently trendy at the moment. You only have to look at the popularity of TOWIE and it’s so called stars to see that Essex is currently a huge talking point...and yes people who have never been to Essex seem to have jumped on the Essex bandwagon, a phrase I seem to hear a lot is “essexing it up”. But what I seem to find hard to get my head around is why there is the sudden popularity with Essex and these stereotypes.
So it’s always been the case, there’s been a social stereotype in place if you mention that you’re from Essex, especially if you’re female. We’re all apparently sluts, normally blonde, wear stilettos and dance around our handbags. It’s not just a nationwide thing but a worldwide thing- going on holiday and saying you’re from Essex provokes the same reaction as it would talking to someone in the UK. But just recently if I’m talking to people who aren’t from Essex I hear the phrase “OH you’re from Essex what is it like?!”
This may seem a minor thing but to me it really grates on my nerves how Essex has been portrayed. These so called stars from popular television shows, not just The Only Way is Essex, but 2 Shoes from the X factor make us all out to be living the celebrity high lifebut to be players and stupid bimbos relying on our looks. I’ve lived in Essex my whole life and I can honestly say that although yes there are some people who live up to the stereotype the majority of us are just normal people... like any other place.
The phrase “Essexing it up” really gets on my wick as well. I’ve seen it be used a lot of times on things like facebook by people who have, merely put on a bit of fake tan and some eyelashes. Since when did this count as Essexing it up instead of just getting ready to go out? Why are some people so keen to buy into this stereotype? MY suggestion stop jumping on a frankly ridiculous bandwagon.
So although I feel proud that my hometown is mentioned- normally for bad things such as the dodgy Basildon sign, remember that what’s being portrayed may be this: