Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

My Current Musical Obsession

Ok I thought I'd do a little blog on what songs I have been listening to recently before realising that it may take quite a while so instead I thought I'd tell you all about my current obsession musically.

Boyce Avenue
I've been listening to these guys for quite a while, after being shown them by a friend. I'm a massive fan of acoustic music and love the raw talent that shows through from artists who will sing just them and a guitar, not using autotune and backing tracks that have been used before. I would thoroughly recommend you all giving them a listen on youtube. The band have a mixture of covers of songs and also their own songs.

Here's a couple of my favourite songs:

Here Without You- (Originally by 3 Doors Down)
I'm a big 3 Doors Down fan and this is one of my favourite songs, so I must admit I was sceptical when I saw a cover of it. I'm the kind of person whose of the opinion if it's not broke don't try to fix it and therefore am not always a massive fan of covers however I must admit I love this song and the version- almost but not quite as much as the original.


What Makes You Beautiful (Originally by One Direction)
What I love about this cover is how they have taken the original song and lyrics and given it their own spin, it makes a nice change to listen to this, than the original which is constantly played on the radio at work

Give them a listen and let me know your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment