Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else- Judy Garland


As the title says this blog is going to be The Blabberings of an Essex Girl (me) and I guess the most appropriate way to start would be to introduce myself to you.

Well my names Zoe and I came onto this earth in 19th July 1990.

I am from Essex, from a little place called Benfleet, although most people will know Southend on Sea (the place where they always venture on holiday to in Eastenders) which is where I end up telling people I'm from rather than having to explain where Benfleet is.
I am not however you're typical Essex girl- there's no dyed blonde hair, fake tan, heaps of make up or white stilettos. And before you ask no Essex is not anything like the Only Way is Essex. I despise that show so much that I refuse to watch it.

I study Law LLB at the University of Surrey and am in my final year. University changed me a lot as a person. I went as a naive 18 year old and grew up a lot over the last 3 years. Law however has now become the bane of my life and I think that I may have to take a step back and decide what it is I actually want to do with my life.

I am a real homebird and love my family to pieces. I’m the oldest child of 4 and have 2 younger sisters and one little brother (I say little brother but he is 18 and at least 2 inches taller than I am). I love my family dearly (even my littlest sister, who insisted every day over Christmas break of getting into bed with me and waking me up at 6am to give her my ipod touch to play games on) and think they have helped to shape me into the person I am today.
I work part time at Asda during the University Holidays, and as much as I love the bright lime green uniform I can’t say it’s the best place on Earth. I have met the most amazing bunch of people there, and if I hadn’t I think I would have gone insane before now, and it is because of the people that I do turn up there every day, well that and the fact that they pay me £6 something an hour for doing... probably not as much as I should do.
I have been thinking a lot about what 2011 holds for me and it’s quite scary what this year is going to consist of. Not only do I turn 21 in July, which means I’m considered an adult in almost all countries and therefore apparently have to start acting like one, but I also graduate from University the week before and become a graduate and have to get a full time job (Sounds way too grown up for my liking and therefore I plan to go travelling for a few months and see the world before I get too old or too stuck in the rat race called life to be able to do it). 2011 is also going to be a whole new me, I know everyone says this every year but I honestly believe that this year will be different. I plan to drop at least 1 dress size, become more confident in myself and also start living life to the full (after all life is not about the breaths that you take but the moments that take your breath away)
I can’t really think of what else you would want to know about little old me so before I end up waffling for a few pages about stuff that’s rather irrelevant I am going to leave you too it and start on my idea for blog post number 2 (once I’ve tidied my bedroom that is)
Lots of Love
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment